ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer
Compensation: $69,544/Yr. - $87,462/Yr. based on a 40 hour week and dependent on experience
The Respiratory Therapist will provide excellent customer service and product information, solutions and relevant details to patients and providers. Most importantly, this position provides above and beyond communication with our patients so that they feel heard, understood, valued and more connected with Apria. Key responsibilities for creating a positive, patient-centric environment include:
- Build customer loyalty and retention.
- Support our Field teams, Operations and Sales, by delivering timely feedback that empowers our teams to deliver exceptional patient experiences.
- Critically problem-solve common complaints by flagging trends and partnering cross-functionally to recommend and implement preventative measures.
- Proactively create a better patient experience.
- Be a champion of the employee experience and drive our unique company culture.
- Support the development and implementation of employee programs that nurture our company's core values to engage employees and create a positive culture.
Assists in the treatment and management of patients with clinical needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
- Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and maintain equipment. Performs clinical assessments and tests such as pulse oximetry, ETCO2, spirometry, and vital signs.
- Responsible for routine patient follow-up contacts based on individual needs.
- May need to perform on-call duties as needed.
- Provides and operates various types of respiratory care equipment including but not limited to oxygen therapy, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, PAP, invasive and non-invasive ventilation.
- Inspects and tests equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and follow-up documentation.
- Responsible for accurate data entry on monitoring websites for certain respiratory equipment
- Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment, medical condition, home environment, and Plan of Care.
- Participates in ongoing education and training sessions regarding respiratory patient care.
- Assist with patient scheduling as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.